Yaama – Welcome to the Winanga-Li Family Centre
Winanga-Li Aboriginal Child and Family Centre Incorporated is a not for profit, self-managed, Aboriginal community organisation which has been delivering:
- Family support
- Disability support
- Health services and
- Education and Care
for Aboriginal and other vulnerable, disadvantaged members of the communities throughout the New England North West region since July 1, 2014.
At Winanga-Li we work hard to:
- Identify and address gaps in service delivery for children, young people, women, men, families, older community members and people with disability.
- Build resilience and foster a strong cultural identity within our Indigenous community.
- Meet and maintain international standards of quality management, continual improvement and service user and community satisfaction across the programs and services we deliver.
Our office in Gunnedah is open Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm and we encourage all families and service providers to come in and have a yarn.
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
Our Family Support Worker works from our Gunnedah office to support Aboriginal and vulnerable families within the community. They are able to link families with local services and organises health related activities and support groups.
Some of these activities include:
- Vaccination clinics
- Health checks for children and adults
- Vision and hearing screening
- Women’s support groups
- Community events to raise awareness
If you would like to contact our Family Support Worker, please call Winanga-Li on (02) 6743 0999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABORIGINAL CHILD & YOUTH FAMILY STRATEGY - ABORIGINAL FATHERS
Our Aboriginal Fathers Program provides support to Aboriginal families expecting a baby or with children under 5 and aims to provide these children with the best start in life. Our ACYFS worker, Vinnie, is based in our Gunnedah office and supports families through programs such as:
- Connecting families to local service providers
- Facilitating men’s groups
- Swimming lessons for under 5’s
- Initiatives to re-engage young men in the community
- Holding community events to raise awareness and create community networks
Winanga-Li provides support and services to families across 28 Local Government Areas. Our main office in Gunnedah is home to Winanga-Li Early Learning and Care Service, our 35 place long daycare centre and a range of family support services including:
- Ability Links
- Early Links
- ACYFS – Aboriginal Father’s Program
- Family Connector
A number of our staff provide outreach services across Northern and North-West NSW. We also have two smaller offices in Narrabri and Quirindi.
Our outreach services include:
- Transition to School
- Supported Playgroups
- Ability Links
- Early Links
For more information on our outreach programs, call (02) 6743 0999 or email email@example.com